Head Residue junior snow skis with bindings
- Free Shipping Over $200
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
2015-16 Head Residue
- Dimensions are 109-77-103
- Sidecut radius is 13.4 meters (145cm)
- Full wood core - Wood cores absorb vibration better, they are torsionally stiffer, and smoother on the snow. For a kid that goes fast, or wants to go fast, wood core is the best way to build a ski.
- Fiberglass torsion box - Head has used this construction for freestyle skis way back to when twin tip skis first came into being. It has proven to be incredibly durable and offers great feel and performance on the snow. This torsion box makes the ski more engergetic (springy) and increases torsional stiffness dramatically. More edge hold, and quicker from turn to turn makes the Bad Seed a junior performance machine.
- PNP Park n Pipe rocker – Just like Head adult skis, with rocker at the tip and tail. PNP Rocker makes very easy to ski over a wide variety of conditions and offers great performance for free style also. For the young skier that wants to do it all, from groomers, to steep and deep, to park and pipe, this rocker profile works great
- Cap top sheet is not just cosmetic. The structure of the cap helps get energy to the edges of the ski more efficiently for a more responsive feel. A cap top sheet also contributes to the rebound characteristics, helping the ski be quicker from turn to turn.
- Textured surface on the top cap make the cosmetics on this ski incredibly durable, so it looks great after lots of use. Holds its value, and keeps the skier happy even after many days of use.
If you have read this far, you know that this is a great ski for the advanced level junior skier. But, it is a really great package deal too, because it is matched it with a really great Tyrolia binding that makes it a killer value as well. Every kid will grow out of their ski gear, and the Light Rail binding system makes that growing way less of a problem. The LRX 7.5 can be adjusted to fit different boots with no holes to drill ever. That means it can be used with minimal expense over time with multiple different pairs of boots. This feature makes it very easy to pass from one child to another. And, it means the ski is worth more when it is time to be replaced because it doesn't have a bunch of extra holes, and will fit any boot. Here are the LRX 7.5 details:
ABS – Anti Blocking System mechanically decreases friction between the bottom of the boot and the toe rest as the binding toe absorbs shock and when it releases. This mechanical AFD never needs replacing, and functions well even with a slightly worn or dirty boot sole.
- SX toe is a newer design to work better with today's wider skis. With a wider toe wing, more power is directed to the edge of the ski for improved steering control and stability. The SX toe also allows for upward release in the event of a backward fall. This SX toe fits adult or junior boot soles.
Fits adult and junior boot soles
- TRP triple roller pincer design toe uses 4 roller bearings inside the toe cup to control friction as the boot absorbs shock or releases from the binding.
- DuraCoated housing plastics are not painted, but have the same color all the way through to keep the binding looking good year after year.
Lite Rail fits any boot from 239 mm to 323 mm. This is any boot from a size 20.0 to 28.5. Never a need to remount the bindings as the boot size grows.
This binding has a DIN range of 2 to 7.5